Saturday, July 19, 2008
Birthing Class
Jake Here- We just just got home from our birthing class/hospital tour and WOW. I think my favorite part of the 8-4 class was Caroline's comment "This is America, surely there's other options to get a baby out then this!" It was quite the graphic and no-nonsense approach to getting Natalie from that cute little bump in the belly to a gooey, squirmy, purple little kid we saw in the movie. One future mom fainted in the class. It was a bit warm but I guess she couldn't handle the X-Rated films. I will say that it was a good experience for us. Its a shame how Hollywood and TV writers have so much influence on how we view real life events. Labor really doesn't look like what it does on TV and it was good for us to see what really goes on in the hours leading up to the actual delivery. The hospital we are planning on delivering at, Memorial Hermann Southeast, was very nice. The employees were nice and the rooms looked good. Certainly not the most luxurious of hospitals, but it was very clean and nice. Its hard to believe we will be back there so soon to do this for real! Well that's a summary of today's events. Now everyone remember to do some deep cleansing breaths and be sure to do some Kegal's!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Wow, that's intense. Yeah, I guess I have always pictured it like I've seen in the movies. I love the name Natalie. So sweet!
Wow! Sounds like your birthing class was way more interesting than mine! Nobody fainted in our class, but several of the dads did have to leave for a few min.
I like how the comment wasn't "It's 2008, I can't believe we have babies this way" or "It's the 21st century I can't believe we have babies this way" but rather "This is America, I can't believe we have babies this way". I admire your patriotism.
Amanda Parsons here! Loved looking at your blog. Your excitement and anticipation takes me back to when we were waiting for the arrival of our Jacob. I might have had a tear or two! Get ready, these will be the most precious days of your lives. May God bless you all.........three!
I will be bookmarking your blog so that I can see that beautiful baby in September.
I never went to one of those classes... I had a different take on things though. "Don't look, don't ask and get the drugs!!" Low and behold, we have a healthy little girl!!
I also wanted to make a comment on how I hope Jake's not trying to do the Kegals... pretty sure that's physically impossible.
Post a Comment