Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Grace

Hey everybody! The new mommy is slowing coming out of hiding. Today, we have been home for a week from the hospital and I feel like I'm just waking up from a loooong nap.
My sweet friend Christi, who I have yet to call back (I'm going to!!), left me a wonderful voice mail message that I have been pondering over all week. She mentioned how awesome it was that we chose the middle name of Grace for our daughter and how great God's grace has been through her hectic arrival into the world. I guess when Jake and I originally came up with the name, we were thinking of the God's big grace. As in, sending His Son and graciously saving us. Since hearing Christi's message, my eyes have been opened to all of God's little graces. Here are a few examples of God's grace this past week that bring me tears of thankfulness and joy:
Timing of Natalie's arrival (24 hours AFTER the storm)
An open hospital!!
A wonderful labor and delivery nurse
A healthy, beautiful baby (especially after the scary minutes of the low heartbeat)
A generator for our powerless home
Wonderful friends with sweet words of congratulations
Dinners from friends and family
An awesome husband who worked tirelessly to power our home
Naps
A good pediatrician
Open grocery stores
There are too many blessings for me to mention all at once... maybe I'll keep adding to the list as they come to mind. Meanwhile, here are some more pictures for you to ooh and ahh at. :)






2 comments:

Christi said...

Awe, I love it!! I know how crazy having a new baby around is, so as long as I get that phone call in the next month or so I won't hold it against you :)... I DO NOT, however, know what having a brand new baby in the middle of the biggest hurricane to hit Houston in at least 20-40 years is like... so maybe I can wait even longer for that phone call if you need it :). Miss you guys!

Lori said...

Caroline and Jake,
Congrats on Miss Natalie! She is just beautiful!! She is so lucky to have such wonderful parents! I can't wait to see her grow! Your blog is so cute. I love that you both write...I'm working on Derek, but he's just not so interested in writing in ours! Congrats again!
Lori Cain