Friday, April 24, 2009

Next Baby Stage

I think we are entering the next baby stage... preferences.

Natalie is scooting, rolling, stretching, reaching, and almost crawling. Guess it's time to break out the baby-proofing items for the house. She is also entering her stage of likes and dislikes. She's a little more insistent now with letting us know what she wants. "I want to be held." "I want to play!" "NO sippy cup!" "Mommy, pleeeeeeeease change my diaper." "More milk! More milk!" It's fun to see her little personality coming out. I think she is still so sweet though. She never wails or screams. Just little, cute "humph!" sounds. I feel sorry for my next baby; my expectations are so high!

Her favorite time of day is when her daddy comes home. Oh my goodness. You'd think he's a rock star. She is overjoyed and squeals with delight. And I swear she talks to him. Tells him all about her day the second he's in the door. And she wants his full attention. Wonder where she gets that from??? :)


Mommy, can we read a book?

That sweet smile.

Oh yes, this is a new accomplishment. She can feed herself! I put the spoon in front of her, she stares at it for a few moments, eyes widen as she realizes her food is on there, feet start kicking wildly, then reaches for it, grabs it, waves it around, and (woohoo!) finally reaches the finish line- her mouth! Very little food is consumed this way, but it is exciting to watch.








1 comment:

Shannon said...

What a cutie!! We totally have that book and bib. Great minds? :)

P.S. You must be one of the best mommies in the world!!